- The Bible is God's inspired words and reveals His desires and plans for all of human kind.
- There is only "One" true God: Revealed in "Three" persons; Father, Son (Jesus), and Holy Spirit.
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son He was both human and divine.
- Though originally good, mankind willingly sinned against God, thus ushering in evil and death (physically and spiritually) into the world.
- Every person can have a restored relationship with God through 'Salvation' (accepting Christ's offer of the forgiveness of sin).
- The Holy Spirit boldly empowers us with giftings and abilities to eternally impact the world by being a genuine witness to others.
- Jesus will return to fulfill the promises of God's word and take His rightful place as Lord of Heaven and earth.
CLC is all about "Building Community and Sharing Life". To us this means we are a "band of intimate allies", making ourselves available to build meaningful and genuine relationships by opening up to others through sharing life together. We believe this means we must be consistent in our words as well as our actions, by being a community of unified people who are willing to lay down their personal agendas for the cause of Christ.
Our Pathway: Gather / Grow / Go
Gather - We believe in cultivating an atmosphere of sharing life together, through practical application of the Word of God and focusing on His glory through our acts of worship. Gathering together for Sunday worship, grow groups, nights of worship, community events, and servant evangelism opportunities are just some examples of how we hope to grow closer in Christ as a united body.
Grow - We believe discipleship is the foundation of our commission through Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20). In order for the body of Christ to be an effective voice in the community around us, we believe it is necessary to understand who we are and the purposes God has designed each of us for. Through the weekly teaching of the Word, we desire to apply and further reveal our understanding within our Grow Groups; a life giving, transparent, comfortable and safe atmosphere. We are all about growing deeper in our relationships with God and people.
Go - We believe that through planting a deeper understanding of the Word, a cultivated heart of Worship, and a time of Growth, our hearts will be tender and equipped to be released to act upon the commission that Christ gave us in Matthew 28. We believe that this pathway is a continual pathway as we are always Gathering, Growing, and Going.
- To Biblical Truth - The absolute most critical to any organization or institute is to display truth. It is our utmost desire and conviction to always present the truth of God's Word without compromise. This Word should be taught with great care and much prayer.
- To Growth - This is a life long journey that we must commit our self to. We are committed to "all" stages of spiritual growth and the ministries needed to help the church grow in its relationship with God and the community around it.
- To Biblical Purpose - We are committed to our pathway of Gather/Grow/Go. We believe that within this pathway are "five" main commitments we base our pathway on; Fellowship, Worship, Discipleship, Ministry Service, Evangelism.
- To Team - We Value, Protect, and Champion a structural model of "team". We fully understand that Jesus is the absolute Head of CLC, and that we strive for His reflection in everything we do and say. On an earthly level our team leadership model consists of; Pastors, Leaders, and Deacons. Click here to meet our current team.
CLC is committed to each of these through a variety of avenues, purposing to give direction, enrichment, and challenge growth.
We are proud to affiliate and fellowship with the Assemblies of God (A/G), a networking of churches and ministries worldwide. The Assemblies of God was organized in 1914 by a broad coalition of ministers who desired to work together to fulfill common objectives, such as sending missionaries and providing fellowship and accountability. From its beginnings the A/G has strongly championed the gifts of the Holy Spirit and His part in our worship and daily walk. As a movement the A/G has always been marked with a solid foundation of racial and gender equality. As of today the Assemblies of God has grown to be one of the largest religious movements in the world with more than 50 million adherents.